It’s no secret I love nail polishes. I have a big collection and I do my own nails every week. I made this list with my all time favorite nail polishes! What are your personal favorites?
So, along with about other thousands of people, I got to see Marvel’s The Avengers on the theaters this weekend. And as the other thousands of people that saw the movie, I loved it! And after Mindy Kaling “threatened” to share her top 10 moments from the movie (but didn’t) I felt like I has the obligation to step up and do my top 10 favorite things from the movie.
01. The Director: Joss Whedon. Yay for Joss! After being a big fan of his two cancelled tv shows (eff Fox!), Dollhouse and Firefly (which, oh how I wish Nathan Fillion had made into this movie as well!), I was really happy when I saw his name associated with this project. Actually, I had NO intention of watching the Avengers till I saw that Joss was directing it.
02. Iron Man’s humor. I’ve always loved Robert Downey Jr, but I think he shines as Iron Man. All the funny moments from the movie are thanks to him.
03. Black Widow. Not even I can resist Scarlett Johansson. She is a favorite among the male crowd, and had some pretty breathtaking scenes in the movie. Who doesn’t love when a girl kicks ass? Plus, fantastic hair I wish I had.
04. Hawkeye’s arms. You know, not something I usually notice. Actually, not something I’ve ever noticed till Agent Barton, aka Hawkeye, shows up with his bow and arrow to create some havoc. Still sighing over those biceps.
05. Pepper Potts. So cute. So cute. Her character is adorable and so huggable. Just the perfect balance for Stark’s eccentric personality.
06. Enver Gjokaj very small appearance as “Young Cop.” I waited the entire movie, but finally by the end, in a very small part, Enver Gjokaj from Dollhouse shows up. Bummer that was such a small part, since he showed in Dollhouse what a fantastic actor he can be. But I guess with a movie this huge and with most of the cast already defined, there was not a lot of parts left for him. Maybe next time?
07. Mark Ruffalo’s graying hair. Another one of my favorite actors, although I still like him better in smaller movies. I felt like he was barely there in this movie, but I guess that was part of the character. But his graying hair was absurdly adorable.
8. Chris Evans. Did any girl went to see this movie for any other reason than Chris Evans? Yup, didn’t think so.
9. Action movies that keep CGI people in business. Wow, all those special effects! Incredible. Okay, it maybe it’s the geek-who-took-3D-modeling-in-college talking, but I was fairly impressed.
10. All the Eye Candy. Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, Scarlet Johansson, Chris Hemsworth… Am I forgetting anyone?