Megan from The Adventures of Noble and Pond tagged me to share a little bit more about myself here. Sounds like a pretty good idea to get to know me better if you’re new to reading this blog. You can check her original post here.
There are rules to this award, but I’m horrible about rules, so I might not follow them all!
The rules to the Sunshine Blogger Award are:
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the nominating blogger.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers you think bring sunshine into the world.
4. Come up with your own 11 questions to ask them!
11 Random Facts About Myself
1. In 1998, I lived the biggest adventure of my life, watching my first concert, Oasis, from first row, then crashing the party the band was hosting at their hotel and meeting my heroes. That was over 15 years ago, and Oasis is still my favorite band ever.
2. On the same topic of heroes, that night I met Noel Gallagher (Oasis’ lead guitar), I also gave him a gift of a book with fan messages, and him being the gentleman he is (disregard what you’ve seen of him in the media, it’s just for show), sent me a thank you letter. A very thoughtful thank you letter. I have it framed in my office. The day I got that letter was probably the biggest freak out I ever had.
3. I have lived in 9 different cities in my life (2 for just a couple of months). The 8 years I’ve lived in SLC is probably the longest I ever lived anywhere.
4. I was terrified of chupacabras when I was a kid. Every once in a while when my cat didn’t come home at night, I’d lay in bed terrified a chupacabra would find him and kill him.
5. On that note, I also read tons of UFO magazines.
6. My favorite food is cheese. Anything with cheese, cheese anything. Cheese bread ranks high in my list of favorite cheesy foods. I have a bag in the freezer right now.. I might have to bake some soon.
7. I don’t really collect anything, but I seem to end up with a crazy number of cat things. Which is fine, because I love cats and cat things. But it’s not an official collection. Although, when you have 14 cat shirts, should that make it official?
8. I’ve been to different Disney Theme Parks nine times. five times to Walt Disney World, three times to Disneyland, and once to the Disneyland Paris. I also did the famous Disney College Program, and one of those visits to WDW was actually a two-month long internship. My next goal is to visit Disney Tokyo, and if there’s time/money, stretch the trip to Disney Hong Kong as well.
9. I really like TV, even though I might not watch it as much as some people do. My favorite shows are X-Files, Firefly, and more recently, Sherlock.
10. I’m a little bit of a space nerd. After watching Apollo 13, I decided to be an astronaut. Until I inquired further and found out you had to be really good in math and sciences. And also that I needed 20/20 vision to pilot a space shuttle. I was so excited I cried when I visited Cape Canaveral.
11. I’m from Brazil, but sometimes I have a hard time identifying myself with my country, due to the fact that I don’t drink coffee or alcohol; not a fan of meat (I’d be a vegetarian if I could get away with it, but it’s just easier to eat the darn meat with my diet, although, I limit it); I can’t dance, nor do I like to; I also can’t stand about 99% of Brazilian music; and Carnaval is my idea of hell. But none of that is any indication of me not actually liking my country. I do love it, with its faults and all (all countries have them). I’m just happier knowing that Carnaval is not part of the American calendar.
The Adventures of Noble and Pound Questions
1) What’s your guilty pleasure?
Romance novels. I do try to stick to the ones that have good plots though.
2) Favorite movie?
“A Life Less Ordinary.” It’s this ridiculous 1997 movie directed by Danny Boyle, with Cameron Diaz and Ewan McGregor. It’s a really funny movie to watch on a Saturday afternoon, and it’s on Netflix.
3) Favorite book?
Seriously, just one? Can I make a list? I have to, because I can’t just pick one. Lord of the Rings, His Dark Materials, Harry Potter, 1984, and the Solitaire Mystery. I picked those 5 because they were all books that changed my life in a way.
4) If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
A cat! Is there any life better than the life of a house cat? Naps in the sunshine, belly and ear rubs, great food, someone else to clean your mess…
5) Android or Apple?
6) Paris, Rome, or London?
I’ve visited all three, but my favorite is by far London.
7) What is your favorite store?
Barnes & Noble, I love reading.
8) #1 accessory you can’t live without?
9) #1 make up item you can’t live without?
I’m usually too lazy to put make up every day, since I wake up so early. But my favorite make up item is lipstick. It’s just so hard to wear them in this super dry climate I live in!
10) Book or e-Reader?
e-Reader. Oh yes, I am an avid reader, have been since before I even learned how to read, and you thought I’d say books, right? But see above how many times I’ve moved? And that was only counting cities, I’ve moved a few times within the same city too. Since buying an e-reader, I see no reason to have books. Sure, they look beautiful on your wall, but try moving the amount of books I have and see if you’re not going to want an e-reader yourself as well! For now I only keep books that are out of print, or books that look really nice. Everything else I traded or donated.
11) What is your biggest regret?
That’s a hard one. I’m a positive thinker, so I try not to dwell on things like regret and bad memories. But let’s see… I regret not enjoying the Disney parks even more when I was in Orlando for my internship. I was there for two months and only went to Animal Kingdom once! And it’s now my favorite park, so think how much more I could have enjoyed it! And really, even after two months there, and four more visits, there’s still so much of the parks and rides that I haven’t seen or done. That’s a silly regret, but that’s what comes to mind now. Not that I didn’t enjoy my time at Disney World. I wouldn’t change much of anything else I did there.
Nominate 11 Bloggers
So here’s the part where I break the rules. I won’t nominate 11. I know plenty of bloggers, but I’ll nominate just a few, and I’ll leave a few spots open for YOU. Do you have a blog yet? No? Then here’s my push for you to get started. You’ll also notice I picked some people that have not blogged in a while. Yup, that was on purpose. I miss reading you guys!
1. Heartbeat Nosh
2. Papillon, Chaz Style
3. The Artist’s Wife
4. Jenn Mitchell’s Future Blog
5. Sara Victorious
6. Fumbles in Faith
7. Plain Vica
8. Among the Young
9. Typical House Cat
11. (Megan, I think you should at least answer my questions, on your blog or on the comments here… come on!)
11 Questions from Me to You
1. How many colors have you dyed your hair, and which were they?
2. What was the first concert you saw live? When?
3. What book are you reading right now? Is it good?
4. What is your favorite breakfast meal?
5. What is your first memory of using the internet?
6. How many pets you have, what are they, and what are their names? Please brag.
7. Where’s the next place you want to travel to?
8. What does your favorite photograph looks like?
9. What is your favorite Disney movie?
10. If you could go out for dinner with anyone alive/dead/fictional, who would it be?
11. What is your biggest dream?
I like my questions so much, I wanna answer them too. #humble